View Single Post
Old 5 Dec 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3340486)   #42
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Now that Red Bull has achieved so much how long will it want to continue as a team? Long term I can see it continuing to promote the Austrian GP and maybe even sponsoring some other GP's in key markets, or possibly F1 in total - this would keep it's F1 presence without the costs and pressure of running a team (s), particularly IF the winning streak end.
the RB empire has a huge adverting reach and as long as F1 is watched by hundreds of millions then its a question of where they get the better return, traditional advertising or owning an F1 team. arguably they could get the same reach by just being an F1 sponsor.

i'll see if i can find the article but i believe it was Joe Saward who was recently making this point that the RBR budget is still less then the cost of traditional advertising relative to the number of people/markets reached via the F1 team.

Quote:
How long will Mercedes bankroll their F1 team if they don't win a title soon
similar logic to the RB advertising point but RBR has won titles so i do think you are right that its a title that makes it worth it.

Quote:
Will any more manufacturers enter F1 as engine suppliers
still curious to see how Honda get treated. i sense that Mclaren doesnt command the same level of influence as they used and without a strong partner team any foray into F1 will be uphill.

Quote:
How many teams will be on the grid still in 2015
and thats the 10 billion dollar question that CVC have to be asking themselves right now.

great great questions!