View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2015, 17:22 (Ref:3516862)   #5
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJAllen View Post
Thanks Mike, already in contact with Gerry. It begs the question "What is or was the Cheshire Racing Team?" I wonder if it was real or just a way of adhering to the regulations, like being a member of specific clubs..or even getting start money! :-)
Cheshire Racing Team may have meant about as much as the name that we first used as an entrant, which was North West Racing. I just chose that name because most of my chums worked or lived around the North West of London. The name wasn't registered, or even listed anywhere official. And then after about a year, I changed it to Double R Racing to acknowledge my two main spanners, Ron and a name I can't remember now, but possibly Ralph. Having an entrant was the trendy thing to do back then, but didn't really mean much.

One driver had a number of different entrants which were supposedly his sponsors. The reality was that the backing came from a different source, but it was good PR to use a "front" to give some anonymousy, if that's a word.