View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 2016, 16:48 (Ref:3685073)   #24
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
if there has to be pay drivers, then i guess i would rather see a driver's family pay the bills then a state run company using their own citizens money to fund a driver for example.

much bigger elephant for me was where Maldonado's money came from to be honest.

im going to wait and see what he does before i pass judgement on his right to be on the grid...might even be the boost Bottas needs to start his career moving forward again.
Nah, Maldonados money was from ocean drilled oil, when it was at $150 a barrel.....then the saudis dropped their price below $50 a barrel and the PDVSA oil did the same as scottish drilled oil......it became worthless overnight, its just not financially viable to drill oil with a ocean located oil rig at $50 a barrel......yes Lawrence stroll is a true petrol head, he owns a huge collection of Ferrari's and a Canadian race circuit.......not bad I must say.......also I will correct my prediction of 10 million dollars per year to about 30 million dollars......Lawrence Stroll is on par with Bernies type of wealth and has money to burn, he could probably afford to buy Williams outright and not break a bead of sweat.