View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2018, 23:48 (Ref:3797608)   #34
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's more PC BS, driven by a small minority of whiners who have to impose "equality" by driving everything down to their level at the bottom of the toilet. In the end it's jealous unattractive women disturbed by attractive women having a shot at a job that gets them attention, new boyfriends/husbands and access to potential jobs up the ladder. I have known many "grid girls" over 15 years that have used those jobs to make contacts and secure jobs in marketing, accounting, sales, management, etc. in and out of motorsport. It's all about who you know and these jobs allow a ground floor opportunity to make contacts in industry. That clearly disturbs the lazy and unattractive who *****ed and moaned to Liberty about this "oppression" and so here we are.

Formula 1 has always been about glamour, excitement, speed. You chisel that away and what do you have, Formula E and who gives a damn about that?

We've seen sports strip away their core values in favor of feminizing their sport and in the end those audiences are just not there. I've been around the block a few times and no matter how hard you try to feminize sports and especially motorsport, I have never seen that many women interested. There are a few ladies that participate in some of the clubs and a few that drive and a few that spectate and hey whatever, have at it but that is the exception not the rule. I have known many women around the world and I can think of very, very few that have any interest in watching motorsports or getting their hands dirty doing so. It's fools gold to chase that non existent market.