Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2018, 15:48 (Ref:3802681)   #2594
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I think that's something that needs to be tried before anyone can speculate. There's so many possible positives and negatives that it really needs tested. Interesting idea.
to prove if it could work, does it need to be tested in F1 though?

side question...is there any rule saying that every GP in a season has to follow the same format?

im thinking if one race can award double points (both to add spice to the title challenge and to appease the host promoter), then surely there is a GP out there that would welcome the notion of trying out something a bit different as a way to generate interest in their event.

would not want to see it at Monaco where overtaking spots are already at a premium but i would be fine with seeing them trying it as a one off at say Shanghai which is both wide enough and boring enough that i would welcome seeing something new.