View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2018, 03:20 (Ref:3795185)   #5407
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I do think that we're missing out on the possibility of Rebellion (or someone else) running the Judd V10, now that they're available again, and Rebellion used to be a Judd customer in both LMP1 and LMP2.

I also know that because of how fast the LMP2 cars got at Le Mans and with them still being air restricted (no lift and coast), there were concerns on top end between them and LMP1s. But in spite of that, there were few incidents (though the #9 Toyota at LM was an infamous one).

However, the LMP1 privateers are supposed to have more power, but I'm sure that if the ACO determine it to be a hazard, they can go back and make changes.
I thought the #9 was involved with a car exiting the pits. I don't even recall there being fault placed on either party. Basically the lift and coast effect was really blown out of proportion imo. I thought it would be worse than it was myself. If Toyota makes more gains then it will be even less this year. Then the new lmp1 private cars will have a lot more power than lmp2. That might be interesting vs Toyota's lifting.