View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2018, 16:21 (Ref:3799343)   #5410
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/b...type-platform/

I mean I understand why the ACO are listening to Brown and Doonan and whoever else in turn is wanting to lobby their wanted political direction, obviously the French are desperate to get people back into top category with OEM support. But when the desired ideology of those people they're listening is to have cheap performance balanced spec cars (made by other people) with masqueraded styling cues, they should just say "thanks for your input" but insist on having their own route... which I guess they -kind of- are, but -kind of- is still half giving up to lobbying. I don't want some mid-way -kind of- hybridization that's just there for show-off. Also the styling cues, same thing. There needs to be substance.

Of course it would be great to have common top LMP platform for LM, Sebring and Daytona, but it wasn't the ACO who ripped away that possibility in the first place... "people that like to travel" or whatever it was that mr Panoz said that one day when he sold his assets to Daytona Beach.

It would be pretty funny if come 2021-2023 the remaining privateer LMP1 cars, assuming not phased out, are more technologically versatile than the styling cue GTP-DPi 2.0s.

Last edited by Deleted; 7 Feb 2018 at 16:27.