Thread: IMSA: USCR 2018
View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2017, 15:27 (Ref:3725874)   #35
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
I think the performance is close. However, the Caddy's have better teams, drivers, and reliability.
And torque.

Are the cars equal? No. But the Cadillac has been pegged back countless times to match up with the global spec cars. So in general, as this is a BoP formula, the cars are as close as non-spec cars can be. And I mean spec in the sense of Porsche Carrera Cup.

That Oreca has scary potential. As soon as the reliability issues are sorted, that car will be missile fast. And the ESM Nissan looks like a scary proposition after Long Beach.

The three Caddy teams are the three best funded, and most consistently high performing teams in the series. I expected an AXR internecine battle to be the story up front. But Maelochs is right, the Taylor boys have jumped up massively, they have truly hit their strides.

Maelochs also brings up a great point in saying the extra mileage in testing is an advantage too. WTR knows their car better than anyone, and the teething issues the other cars are having were worked through by Cadillac in November.

Chris