View Single Post
Old 12 May 2012, 04:58 (Ref:3072907)   #10
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Rock on, I bet your parents got a letter from the teacher

(I did a report on the Porsche 917 for composition, my teacher having told me I couldn't as it would not be possible. Hours at library going through magazine archives as this was pre-internet days.)

Agree on the chili mix too.
Ha! Glad I'm not the only one with a problem.

I only remember getting some strange looks and having to do a lot of explaining. In many ways I was right though. To me he was the embodiment of the American dream (or the dream of anyone of making it big). A poor chicken farmer and part time dirt track racer catches the eye of Aston Martin. He was the second American to win at Le Mans but is forced to quit due to a bad heart. He then starts his own car company and is tasked by Ford to single-handedly take on the best the world has to offer and wins. I know some of the story is embellished, but it is the "John Henry" type character that I choose to remember.

I'm sure wherever he is tonight he is rightfully behind the wheel of one of his cars and getting up Enzo's craw.