View Single Post
Old 13 May 2012, 08:29 (Ref:3073494)   #17
stevebrown
Racer

England
The Port of Indecision, SW of Disorder
stevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had the pleasure of meeting the great man when marshalling at the Goodwood Revival a few years ago. I stayed behind for the presentations & was heading for Alan Jones for an autograph when I saw a black stetson out of the corner of my eye. I abandoned Alan Jones & headed towards the Stetson. Mr Shelby kindly signed my programme, then noticing my orange overalls, grabbed my hand & shook it & said "Thank you young man for looking out for my cars". All could say was Thank you Mr Shelby but that's what we're here for. I never did get Alan Jones' autograph. Needless to say his autograph is my most treasured, more so than Schumacher's. And Carroll Shelby one of the nicest guys in motorsport (along with Bobby Rahal). He will be sorely missed. RIP to the end of an era & a great man.