View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2006, 23:16 (Ref:1544017)   #11
ART Racing
Rookie

Australia
Toowoomba, QLD
ART Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race Car History

Bryan, I have tried the NSW office (Peter lived in Liverpool) and the National/Vic office. I even got the details from his previous Celica logbooks and gave CAMS the owner details from those, and they have looked through Peter's file - nothing. I have the details of all owners the car has had, and gave those to CAMS, still nothing. In fact, one of the owners has had a number of cars, yet CAMS don't have a record of him ever asking for a logbook for any car. The car was well photographed so proof of events here is no problem.

I have some good photos of the car at Spa 84 from Frank and others, and we know that is definately the car as it came to Australia straight from Belgium. What I am really trying to do is determine which races it did before that, ie which photos of the various Hughes cars that I have in England prior to Jun 1984 are of my car, and which races did it attend. This is to complete the race history I need to supply with the Certificate of Description application. Everyone concerned here in Australia (including the original owner, and CAMS) agree it is the correct car, but sorting the history out is important for me so that I only put facts down on the application, not what I have been told and what the contemporary reports state. I am also trying to work out if my car is the one in the homologation paper photographs, as that would give me some build photos. Presumable the Hughes group at one of the their Beaconsfield dealerships would have old photos etc, and records, but who knows where.

Sounds like I should try the MSA though, so will start there.

Regards, John