View Single Post
Old 29 May 2015, 11:12 (Ref:3542474)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Not sure what Doc is doing now. Here's an interview I did with him late in his career. He is one of the most genuinely friendly guys that I've ever met.

He was a popular local driver near Road Atlanta with good prototype experience. He had driven the Corvette GTP and, at the time of this interview at the first Petit Le Mans, he was driving the Panoz Hybrid, Sparky. I was interested in both cars and drives and here's Doc telling great stories...

http://www.lasersol.com/CyberMotor/plm_1998/bundy.htm

Note: some of the older links no longer work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I think all of these guys are retired and Google gives a bit of info...

Doc Bundy
Willy T Ribbs
Tom Gloy

90's US Trans-Am, GTP, etc.

Richard
Don't recall hearing his name this year, but the last two Mittys at Road ATL, think Doc Bundy won a class or two. So I believe he's at least tooling around in historics. That or I need another cup of coffee.

There's no better name in motorracing (or anything for that matter) than Willy T. Ribbs.

Good thread!