Thread: LM24 This year's GTE Thread
View Single Post
Old 6 May 2016, 07:47 (Ref:3639067)   #9
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well i for one am interested in this class, the return of Ford has boosted the standing of le mans in the press and i am hoping they give a good account of themselves. Yes they are unlikely to repeat the overall win but the whole point of le mans is several races held at the same time on the same track, boy would it be boring it there were only 6 factory cars going around a 13 mile track for 24 hours
13 miles!? Clearly I missed this. When did they extend the track? Where have they extended it?

Seriously though, I'm pleased to see that I'm not the only one who appreciates the GTs. I suppose it's because it's more in the spirit of LM to have cars based (albeit relatively loosely) on production models. I'd be quite happy to have just two classes - LMP1 and GTE-pro, although GT3 would perhaps be better because it would attract a more varied entry.