View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2016, 16:07 (Ref:3685970)   #9
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
With the WEC, I've gotten burned out because of rules I don't understand (EOT in LMP1, BOP in GT), having a love/hate relationship with the way the cars look (respect and love the tech, but hate the narrower LMP1/LMP2 cars, and miss the simpler lines and long tails of the LMP900 cars, even if there was a good reason to cut back on it from a safety standpoint).

Also, I feel that a lot of the creativity and innovation has been driven out of the sport in general. Either everyone is going spec, or everyone's gravitating to one solution because it works best and it's easier to imitate than find something new. But then again that's also the law of diminishing returns. All the "good" ideas have been tried at least once, and most have been done almost to death to the point where so many resources have to be spent to get less and less out of something in the end.

All I can say is that I've had more fun looking at the history of racing and reading up on that stuff, all pre-2014, than most of what I've watched and followed since 2014. Also, I had a lot more fun yesterday going up to Cleveland on a road trip with friends than I did watching any races this year.