View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2017, 13:03 (Ref:3786283)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
I now live about five miles from the venue and I can certainly testify that it wasn't great and totally understand why the event was cancelled. It has to be said, though, that I've seen much worse changing conditions on continental rallies and they've still gone ahead.

The problem is that in the UK few people turn up with suitable tyres and most people don't have a clue about how to drive in changing snow conditions.
At the end of the day it's a clubman single venue event - the competitors are for the most part the sort of people that don't have the budget for snow tyres 'just in case'. We've been competing 13 years and that's the first time we haven't had a tyre that is at least workable (we've got wets and assorted compounds of cut slicks).