View Single Post
Old 14 Feb 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2633371)   #57
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Round 11- Silverstone 7th Oct 1984. 15 laps

|A|Ford Capri 3.0S|Can't tell whether it's Newman or Chatfield in the pic .
Please excuse the mess i've made KA!!

The Capri in question must've been Newman's (although I can't remember it actually being there), Chatfield only did the GP supporter during the season IIRC.

With regards to the race results; Win Percy and Neil McGrath finished 3rd and 4th this time, ah erm, second thoughts it actually may have been the other way around....

What I can reiterrate from a post a couple of pages back is that Percy made a terrible start and spent a good portion of the first half of the race dealing with Class B cars and the rather fraught scrap between the BMW's and CS-H's Vitesse. By the time he'd done that Rouse and Brodie were long gone, although I suspect the Supra may not have had enough to challenge those 2 round the GP circuit like he hads at the twistier Brands and Donington tracks?

Last edited by chunterer; 18 Feb 2010 at 19:06.