View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2635884)   #62
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Indeed, I don't think Brodie was there?

It was a long time ago, and although I was there (approaching Old Hall and recall Perry McCarthy's spectacular flip in the earlier FF race!) I can't remember all the details about the Trimoco race, other than Weaver making a great start and then gradually pulling away from the rest, all of whom seemed to suffer tyre difficulties.

I've got the programme somewhere but about as much chance of winning the lottery of finding it! I suspect Brodie may have been on the entry list as a reserve, as was the Grunding BMW, which you may have mentioned previously KA, something I'm not sure about.

A separate point. I reckon Oulton must've been the first race where we really saw the potential of the Percy Celica Supra. It was all over the TWR cars early on and one wonders what it could've done had it found a way past. I doubt Win could've challenged Weaver who was on another plane that day, but Rouse may have been vulnerable?