View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2016, 11:40 (Ref:3680668)   #258
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Without going on a massive negative rant which helps no one, I'll just say that I'm not especially fond of how the NGTC cars look and how the cars handle in corners. However I will give respect to the organisers for providing a full grid, so in that respect, the rules are working and the crowds are back to what they were in the late 90s after they dwindled a lot in 2000 - 2004...
I agree they aren't the most elegant cars to watch through the corners. But I would say that's part of the charm for me that you can really see the drivers fighting the cars which for me is what BTCC is all about. If I want to see high cornering speeds or sophisticated technology on a race car I'll go and watch F1 or WEC (which I do, I don't find it anywhere near as enjoyable as a BTCC weekend IMO).

Definitely agree that the cars aren't the best looking, they've gone a bit boy racer for my liking. I don't think the liveries help, the works cars of the 90s allowing nice and unfussy colour schemes without too many sponsors on them.