View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2016, 15:22 (Ref:3616744)   #81
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Track Design Game

Woohoo, thanks!

So here's my challenge.

Bathurst was at the start of the month and I'm sure we all agree it's a classic circuit.

What I would like to see is Bathurst bought to Europe, with a circuit running 'up the mountain' and down again.

It should be a classic dipping and diving circuit that flows with the natural terrain, much like Bathurst, Brands Hatch, green hell, and Mid Ohio do. It's important to have a substantial climb involved.

However it should also be built to accommodate a bigger capacity GT3 grid, so nothing too tight, and there should be a pit/track capacity of 60+, and have good track width, but not as much as something like the Red Bull Ring necessarily. It doesn't need to be single seater worthy. You can be a little less forgiving with run off areas too, it would be nice to see a track that rewards driver skill.

Pits should be at the base of the hill/mountain, and at least one of either the ascent or descent should be mostly straight.

This complex would be a part time track running 3-4 substantial GT/touring events each year, so capability for multi use would be interesting.

And you may use up to existing roads that amounts to anything up to 30% of the track length, although it's not a must.

One downside of Bathurst is the length of time it takes to clear cars on the mountain, so better access would be good.

spectator access should be considered too so the site should be somewhere easily reached by road/rail.

Max length is 5 miles, no minimum.

Much like ScotsBrutesFan I haven't challenged you with this without having my own site in mind that would work.

Shall we say end of the month for ideas?

Last edited by Bcarr6; 22 Feb 2016 at 15:45.