Thread: Sebring
View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2017, 20:14 (Ref:3718432)   #65
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Here's something annoying:

If you go to the Sebring website and look at 2017 tentative schedule you will see a short list of things for Wednesday. One of those (the last for Wednesday) is listed as a track walk for 90 minutes. From memory it seemed that the competitor track walk was only listed on the very detailed schedules that showed things like load in times, chapel service times, lunch schedule, various race track minutiae things.

So, when I read this on a listing that only shows the on track activities it leads me to believe that perhaps this means that this is a public track walk, and that gets me very excited. Excited enough that I will leave my house extra early on Wednesday for my ten hour drive so that I can get there in time for it. (I remember doing a public track walk at Mosport once and it was fantastic, made me wish that all tracks did it)

So today I call the raceway and talk with someone there. Here's a basic transcript from memory of our conversation:

Person answering the phone (PATW):
Hello, Sebring International Raceway how can I help you?

Me:
Hello, I hope you are having a nice day. I have a question about something on the schedule for Wednesday. It says that you have a track walk scheduled, is this open to the public?

PATW:
I'm not sure, do you mind holding so I can get an answer?
*Puts me on hold*

PATW:
There is no track walk, you must be looking at the wrong schedule, where did you see this?

Me:
I saw it on your website.

PATW:
No, that is not on our website.

Me:
It is, I am looking at it right now.

PATW:
Well you must be looking at the wrong thing, there is no track walk. Look for the schedule on our website.

Me:
Yes, the schedule on your website says there is a track walk.

PATW:
No it does not.

Me:
Okay. Thanks for your time.
*Obviously did not feel like arguing*

What do you all make of this? Does anyone else feel like calling and trying to get an answer? Does anyone know where we can get the old proper schedule?
I think they have a track walk every year, just for the competitors which is what I'm sure this is. I don't know how it ended up on their schedule for fans, and neither do they apparently, but I would almost guarantee the track walk is not for the public.