View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2007, 00:29 (Ref:1992410)   #21
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Looks like a job for Clint Brown. As enthusiastic about MotorSport as just about anybody on the telly. He would revel in a job fronting a V8 Supercar show. Sorry to hear about the change though.... David Turner and his team at TVNZ have done a wicked job of the Pukekohe Rounds and the Local V8's over the years and their Loyalty to TKR has always endeared them to me. They have also been bastions for getting as much coverage as they could 'on air' and squeezed every possible minute out of TVNZ's precious 'news' programme. Bathurst covereage has always been without doubt their finest show and each year we have been able to nudge the news etc just that bit further... Can we expect the same loyalty and dedication from the TV3 Team. I remain sceptical until I learn more. Just take a look at the barrage of complaints from Australian fans regarding Channel 7 covereage this year and tremble. maybe it will be fantastic... (repeat as often as required) (thanks to Marcos Skaif's post a few back for the 'idea' of 'self convincing....'

If the NZ V8's are still under the spell of TVNZ, wonder how they are going to wrestle coverage at Hamilton next year when TV3 are there in force.??