View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2013, 19:19 (Ref:3325237)   #15
SidewaysFeltham
Racer

United Kingdom
UK and France
SidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I think there are quite a few on tenths that still know about all the old stuff but let's face it I don't think that a new road car has been made in the last 20 odd years that has had points fitted as standard.
I think overall that "most" modern cars are reliable and don't break down as much as the "old days", the only downside is that when they do they can't normally be repaired beside the road and cost a fortune to fix.
My son's Mini Cooper S Turbo R56 being an excellent exemplar.

Well, it is said that BMW means "Bring A Massive Wad!"

Quote:
While I'm on my soapbox, can anyone tell me the reason why some idiot at Renault designed the late Clio so that you have to take the front off to replace a headlamp bulb !!!! I know some other cars are not exactly easy" and it makes me smile that you are supposed to carry spare bulbs on the continent as the "normal" driver has no chance of fitting them
Minds me to recall trying to change a battery on an early Triumph Stag. First, remove the power steering pump..........

And a fanbelt adjustment on a Dino Ferrari 246 GT.

Jack up car: remove offside rear wheel.

Remove nasty cover from wheelarch, having first scraped off all the mud and junk to actually find the PK screws.

Adjust fanbelt using new midget Japanese contortionist mechanic.

Put it all back together again.

Fun.........