View Single Post
Old 11 May 2017, 16:24 (Ref:3732837)   #207
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I don't see why new circuits aren't put out to tender
The question is... In the past, was there a preferred vendor list as provided by F1 that had effectively one name on the list? I expect a large part of selling your services to whoever is constructing a future F1 track would be talking to how you have the relationships inside FIA (or whoever) to ensure that the track meets the guidelines to get the right certification, plus plenty of experience in doing this type of thing. I suspect that frankly going up against Tilke in a competitive bid scenario and also trying to reduce risk (i.e. low bidder who has zero experience doing this work has little chance of winning a large contract) would be hard.

I also fully expect that the design process is a combined effort between whoever will own the track and the design firm. So while we may pick on Tilke, at the end of the day, the track owners... "own" the design which they ultimately would have approved before construction starts. They can't pass the buck. From their perspectives they may be very happy with what Tilke (entire organization) provides?

Richard