View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2017, 04:47 (Ref:3782566)   #56
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It's not that I doubt that he knows his stuff, but rather, if anything, I might expect him to play some head games about it.

I don't really expect side-by-side at the apex of 1, 2, or 12, but instead, an outbraking maneuver to occur going into those corners.

The esses and the approach to the hairpin look like places where someone could get really unsettled and be easy pickings for the guy behind if he's on it.

That onboard angle, with the camera back deeper inside the cockpit, makes the track look narrower. Funnily enough, seeing the track in action from the external views, it looks wider than I thought it would be from the preview material out there.

Even if there end up being more issues than I think, and safety cars are as prevalent as some say, the field is bound to get shuffled. In that case, the quickest guys will be forced to FIND ways to pass if they want that top result.