View Single Post
Old 17 Nov 2008, 13:28 (Ref:2336384)   #2
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
OK, I'll kick off with a quick overview of 75 activity in the ETCC

First appeared a few races into the 1986 season in V6 form. Some delay (homologation?) caused them to miss the first few races.

Cars were red and white, usually 2/3 cars driven by the usual suspects from the GTV6 programme-Drovandi, Lella Lombardi, Camathias etc
http://www.racingsportscars.com/etcc...-08-03-040.jpg

The Luigi entries seemed to fall b y the wayside- they turned out a couple of old GTV6s at Spa, but that was about it, other than a single car at the end of the season- possibly the debut of the turbo?

In the UK, ARDT ran a pair of cars with their usual John West backing- they possibly suffered from the same delay as the ETCC cars- they were the only Alfa team to show for the Donington ETCC round, but with one of their existing GTV6s, instead of the new car.

Network Alfa in Australia persevered with the GTV6 I think?

I'll do this in separate posts, as 'Tenths keeps throwing me out for some reason if I try to post anything lengthy....Next stop, 1987 and the WTCC