View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2017, 18:24 (Ref:3762720)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
imo not sure where the blame lies...personally i am more of the opinion that uncontrolled budgets and budget size discrepencies are more to blame for the lack of competition at the top and the cost of the engine supply is just a symptom of the larger problem.

that said though (honest question), are RB and Mclaren good partners to have? rather is it fair to place the blame on Merc and Ferrari for not wanting to do business with RB and Mclaren?

Mclaren were always asking way too much from an engine supplier (sponsorship deal, drivers wages, free(ish) engines).

with their own works team, Merc would never have agreed to those terms where as Honda was.

and i can imagine a Ferrari deal was ever on the table while RD was in charge...that of course may change in the future.

RB have had a pretty up and down partnership with Renault (branding issues when the partnership was winning titles) and outright public recriminations when they were not...cant blame Merc for wanting to stay away from that.

and RB did once have a Ferrari deal but they shifted that over to STR...cant imagine Ferrari has forgotten about that.