View Single Post
Old 5 Sep 2017, 15:37 (Ref:3764745)   #15
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
while i understand the 'exceeding expectations' point of view, my personal feeling is that Williams did what they have been doing for the better part of a decade...wasting chances for success.

imo, the points came down to the drivers and not the team...a team that failed to understand their speed in quali and how to translate that into race pace and when the pressure was on messed up in the one area they excel at, pit stops.

the team has forgotten how to compete at the sharp end and i thought they underwhelmed on the team front.

so Merc for me.