View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2018, 01:00 (Ref:3794215)   #45
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it's been awhile, I took the last half of the 2017 season off. Watched the races up until Richmond, but then, did not watch another race until Homestead. Watched it. mainly because the track now reminds me a bit of the old Atlanta International Raceway, before smith ruined it by turning it into Atlanta CLONE Charlotte Speedway! The ULTIMATE cookie-cutter track! Don't know what to expect this season or if I will still be a fan by the end of this season! The IDIOTIC, bumbling, so called leadership of Brian France nearly ended my racing fanship last season! With no local paved tracks in operation in North Georgia and none within reasonable driving distance, there is no racing for me to attend locally. With the Xfinity series being turned into a Cup Lite/Cup Driver Benefit Series and with what Brian France has done to the Cup series, trying to turn it into a "stick and ball" sport on wheels, with all off his gimmicks, play-off, over time, chase, do overs, (GWCs) etc., my 58 years of being a racing fan could very well come to a close! With the exception of an occasional NHRA drag race, I have no other interests on auto racing. Nothing else in auto racing even remotely appeals to or interests me. So this season could very well be it for me. A shame how it went downhill. But, that's life, I guess. We'll see what happens, at Daytona.