View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2013, 03:21 (Ref:3214332)   #8
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with most of that... and I agree that teething problems are always going to happen.... although however unfortunate it is, I don’t think looking and sound great is going to help their lap times.

My point is however, that everyone is using unfamiliar/untested chassis, with the Kellys sharing in the pain that is bringing an entirely new package to the track....

The Kellys however performed better in Q1 this year, than they did last year.... so while an entirely new package is a challenge, the regulations are specifically designed to provide a level-ish playing field with the Kellys being some sort of evidence that status quo can be achieved (or at the very least evidence that what Erebus rolled out was below what probably was expected).

Crystal balling a little... a think they’ll struggle in the engine dept. all year. I think we could well see Slade and Holdsworth sniffing around for seats elsewhere and it wouldn’t surprise me if we some staff movement in the workshop... unless Mercedes decide they want in, I think it’s going to be a very long few years for Erebus and in the near future at least, I can’t seem them being the contender that SBR was....