View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3017697)   #734
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James69181 View Post
Great decision to turn your back on a production car field approaching 50 during poor financial times to go GT and struggle to break 30 entries ! NOT !
Quote:
Originally Posted by James69181 View Post
There are about 45 plus production cars sitting in workshops around Australia that are not going to Bathurst. Most were built with the 12hr in mind.
I LOVE GT's but can't see how this is good for Australian motor sport .... sorry motor racing.
As others have highlighted, the cars are eligible to run - they aren't being discriminated against. Any lacking volume in regards to touring/saloon entries is the result of decisions made by touring car competitors - not the organisers. For what ever reason, be it bruised egos or genuine disinterest, many touring car teams have consciously opted against competing.

This topic has already been discussed to death in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR View Post
......and everyone of those 45 cars had the opportunity to run in the 12hr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
And why don't those guys get their cars out for the 6 Hour at Eastern Creek, or the Production Car championship? Spend tens of thousands of bucks to build cars and then have them sit around for 11 months of the year?