View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2017, 12:07 (Ref:3771499)   #45
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Im interested how a 300km race in a 3 hour event on a Saturday evening is "traditional"sort of race format?" what race has held that format before?
Traditional in the sense we have a single race of a significant distance.

Surely if they wanted a Twenty/20 style format, something like the old 3x20mins format under lights fits the bill perfectly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain
Very little chance of spectators turning up so obviously a Foxtel only show
If it's "made for TV" then it goes against the grain if they are having what is in effect the usual Sunday "Supersprint" mini-enduro, just running it under lights... I'd have thought something like the old 3x20mins format is more attractive for a made-for-TV spectacular?

I personally love the race format they are suggesting, I wish they'd do it at every round because i like having one race and one winner from a weekend (Just like F1, MotoGP, NASCAR Cup Series etc..) and I like night racing...... but as a motor racing enthusiast I wouldn't have thought i'm the type of person they are trying to attract, the way this event has been spoken of until now anyway?