View Single Post
Old 18 Nov 2009, 06:01 (Ref:2583955)   #26
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
It's been proven time and time again to me that an open-wheel guy doesn't just step into a stock car and perform, no matter who it is. Juan Montoya is, I'm sure we'll all agree, a fair bit better than Danica, and it took him a fair bit of time to get used to NASCAR. I think Danica is possibly on the same level as Scott Speed - if she started in ARCA, and then did a year in Nationwide, I think she'd do much better. But just doing a few random races in between IndyCar races isn't going to do anything but make her look bad.
Yeah - she's going to struggle, no question - NASCAR is on a whole different level. On top of that, jumping back & forth between the two series through the season is likely to impact on her performance in the open wheeler.

Still, she's old enough to make up her own mind but I think that she'll be learning the hard way this time.

If nothing else the hissy fits should be entertaining.