Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 2017, 12:56 (Ref:3741621)   #2721
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I mean, outside of like the specialty single car programs(SMP, Strakka), everyone really only used one of 4 chassis, and everyone at the end essentially used the Nissan motor. We really were already the same as we've got now, just with one or two outliers.
We didn't lose as much as some say, for sure, but I think we did lose a bit that we didn't need to. SMP usually ran two cars, but we lost Gibson/Zytek, which was winning right till the end of its life, and these rules mean you can't run an old generation car like a few did with the Morgan and ORECA 03.

Totally agree on the engine though. You could run a mediocre Judd, or the Nissan. Everyone who was anywhere near the front ran the Nissan. So really all we've gone is drop the Judd, and give everyone an awesome sounding engine. But I do miss the chassis variety.

Really though, IMSA could do what they want. Why can't they allow other chassis in? Only issue they'd have is BoPing an engine up to the current spec, since the new engines are much more powerful. It's IMSAs game, and as long as someone doesn't want to take it to Le Mans, I don't see it being a problem.