View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2012, 00:14 (Ref:3026391)   #1273
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its one thing to lodge something with the courts, and its another thing to go in there and actually win. I hope that the ST guys have good lawyers, which i am sure they do, as a good lawyer can, and is, often the difference between winning and losing.

I would have thought (being presumptive here) that the ST Directors would have known that this potentially could be the case, and would have worked in such a manner as to not expose them for future court action. If the issue is around IP and assocaited profits from that IP, then it would have been important for them to work in such a way that they could develop their series without ruffling the feathers of another party. Thats just good business at the end of the day.

Is this related to the proposed court action that was banded about a number of months ago? and then was thrown out?

Either way you look at it though someone will loose out....and i dont think it will be the party with the most $$

On another note, that drivers list is impressive, and i'm glad to see Shane Van Gisbergens name in there

Also, for the racing this weekend, can anyone confirm if it will be rolling starts or grid starts? ( I heard it was going to be rolling)