View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2018, 05:36 (Ref:3839728)   #45
Big Block F
Rookie

Big Block F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FB4ME View Post
Not much action in past years here but maybe there is a lurker out there with a LeGrand Formula C that could help me with some information? I have what is thought to be a 1965 MKIII B Formula C according to the ICSCC log book. There is 57.002 stamped on the roll bar but that could be a club number as well? I am missing rear axles, calipers and rotors. Any idea where Red would have gotten those?
Brad in Seattle
bradfordgreen@cbbain.com
Just to clarify the issue of Mk 3 B and Mk 3 C cars.
The Mk 3 was primarily manufactured in two models, namely the first being a Mk 3 C, this being for the 1965 SCCA Formula C rules (up to 1100 cc and minimum 750 lbs weight). The Mk 3 B was manufactured for 1965 SCCA Formula B rules (up to 1600 cc and minimum 850 lbs weight).
Individual model sequential chassis numbers were used for the Mk3 B which started at 001, the same for Mk3 C which also started at 001.
A chassis plate for any Mk 3 will also includes a "B" or "C" suffix and then the sequential chassis number.
The first two cars were manufactured as Formula C cars, the first Formula B was the Egglington/Jones car which was fitted with the Alfa Romeo 1600 cc Twin Cam.
During the life of the Mk 3s many improvements were made, mainly to chassis strengthening and rear suspension improvements. These improvements were never assigned to a chassis up date number or other identifier. Many early cars also had these and similar improvements made post factory.
Several Formula C cars, including I think the first two Formula C cars were converted to Formula B.

The calipers you need are Airheart, Red used a magnesium caliper. Should be difficult to locate. Discs can be cut from 10mm steel plate and then machined.