View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2017, 22:22 (Ref:3728056)   #8
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquoriceman View Post
Theory on Subaru's differing pace:

Mr Gow decided to put Team BMR in their place after a number of outspoken events last year and equalised their cars COG. Obviously after Brands BMR were off the pace but kept quiet and didn't throw their toys out of the pram in public. So Mr Gow, however satisfied he was with seeing JP midfield and subdued, realises that Subaru and JP at the back isn't good for the series or viewing figures so he offers BMR a lifeline of a small boost increase on 1 car to see what difference it has in comparison to the others. This backfires when Sutton puts the boosted car on pole and looks too obvious so Mr Gow gets involved in the scrutineering and finds a boost discrepancy to put Sutton at the back but if BMR play the game and don't complain they can have a smidgen less boost still for the races. Sutton then moves forward whilst JP stays midfield. Probably still a smidgen too much boost, not knocking Sutton's talent, but if Mr Gow now allows a small boost advantage to be applied to all the Subarus for Thruxton we can expect JP to be back at the sharp end again.

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk
Or another theory:

The Subaru advantage has been nullified by a CoG/Height calculation that means the car is on par with other NGTC models with limited development.
Plato has little experience with pushing a lesser-developed NGTC car, having been used to a more developed position in the past.
Sutton is used to extracting the most from a car, whereas Plato is more used to operating with better developed machinery.
Therefore, Sutton knew how to get the most out of the weekend, whereas Plato (by his own admission in the Adrian Flux blog) couldn't out-handle the back half of the pack.
'the car’s not working as well, or as balanced, as it used to. It’s very frustrating.[...]Everybody’s got relatively good corner speed and there’s a rhythm and a momentum to the race. If you’re near the back it all stops in the corners and our performance is all in the corners. “He [Sutton]drove a great race one and then had the benefit of that better grid position and the softer tyres."'

I mean come on - if you're justifying the fact that your teammate outperformed you based on their grid position for the later races, it looks a bit stupid if they were 31st on the grid for R1 and you were the highest placed Subaru in 15th!!!!

Sent from my ZX81 using BASIC