View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2015, 16:17 (Ref:3498305)   #63
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
1949? I don't know. I know there was a strictly stock class where you could literally only change tire pressures, along with modifieds and others but the strictly stock class has been gone for a while.

Not sure when, but I'd say it was in the 70s sometime, when the factories left the full support of the series, when things became fully purpose built rather than modifying a street car.

JH?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
If you mean purely stock, that has never really happened. However, they used fully stock bodies and chassis until '67. They used stock chassis and body panels (a donor car was still required) until '80, albeit highly modified. They morphed into what we know as stock cars today in 1981.
Thanks guys. Do you guys think they'll ever go back to a more stock car, at least in terms of looks? Seeing a car that looks almost like a Camaro or Mustang would really heighten my interest. And then there is Toyota...I guess they could use the Camry.