View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2017, 21:09 (Ref:3702423)   #55
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
in fairness though we are talking about losing the most underfunded team on the grid.

sure the prize money only going to the top 10 regardless of how many teams compete is an antiquated rule and there needs to be more financial restraint within the sport but its not like we are losing Williams or FI/Jordan or even an STR/Minardi.

plus we really dont know anything about their finances or how leveraged they are or what their larger hedge fund investment/loss strategy is.

as much as i love the underdog and as much as im really amazed that this Virgin/Marussia/Manor team lasted as long as it did, and i hate to make this allusion, but their 7 years on the grid do not leave me with happy memories.

F1 is an expensive sport, and right or wrong, underfunded teams can lead to an unacceptable level of danger. apologies if that was harshly stated.