View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2017, 17:51 (Ref:3715157)   #80
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Unless it rains of course. They don't stop because of a sprinkle of rain these days. Not particularly relevant to the discussion I admit but since you brought it up...
You're correct. Then it becomes a complete "do over" - a wet race where fuel doesn't become an issue. They know they have X number of laps for fuel as opposed to pit stops on the edge of a fuel window, where drafting and the right foot of the driver are all that control fuel mileage. It's not as simple as some make it out to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Thought I'd give the closing stages of the race a go and I have to say I wasn't impressed. Aside from having a lot fewer cars out there thanks to earlier incidents (although a few more than I expected to be out there to be fair).

Most of the last 15 laps involved everyone waiting for an opportunity. That mentality, possibly made worse because of the need to stay in line because of the aero needed, made for really dull viewing. Then rather than a dramatic finish we get the leaders running out of fuel, leaving one guy clear.

That need to stay in line just to hold your position is what has, in my opinion, led to the contrived stage race format. Rather than have everyone ride along in line for a few hours before the finish, let's create two additional fake-finishes so everyone has to put some effort in. Probably far easier to do that than alter the cars or the tracks to promote multiple line racing.

I hadn't got round to cancelling my Premier Sports subscription but yesterday reminded me I have to do it. I'm not paying £10+ per month to watch that.
I liked the last 15 laps or so. The single file stuff is kinda old school.

Agreed on the stage format being fake. And it didn't happen this time, but the contrived stage races will cause a big one at the next plate race...

EDIT: OH yeah, cut that extra; not worth it til Mr. Brainless France gets put in the padded room where he belongs.

Only reason I watched was for the flu and Chase. Such a pretty day here yesterday and I couldn't move because of the flu....

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 27 Feb 2017 at 18:09.