View Single Post
Old 19 Nov 2008, 18:19 (Ref:2337780)   #13
Jesper OH
Veteran

Jesper OH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
1987 Dijon WTCC
The Albatech car in a slightly different paintjob (curiously, I think the race numbers for the Alfa Corse and Albatech cars seemed to switch around a little over the season)
http://lemansmotorsport.free.fr/dijo...7%2079%202.jpg
Absolutely correct about the numbers. Albatech started the year as #79 and "won" the opening round, and another decent finish at Jarama kept the Albatech car in the hunt for the teams title. But never among the quickest of the 75s, Albatech surrendered the number for Alfa Corse's #76 car at round 3 at Dijon-Prenois.
I'm told that Giorgio Stirrano of Alba group C2 fame was the man behind the Albatech WTCC 75, but never can't find any references to this. Anyone?

Now, also remembering the '87 Colin Bond Caltex car as a Luigi car, as mentioned by KA. Have I seen a picture of this car in black and silver at that first Oran Park race mentioned by racer69? Ignis might have been the sponsor.

During the 1990 Italian TCC three different specs of 75 Turbos raced in different classes.
The normal 75 Turbo i A3 against the likes of BMW 635 and what else?
The 75 Turbo Evo ('87 specs it seem) in S2 against a Maserati Biturbo and the BMW M3 Evolution
While the 75 Turbo Evos in the S1 class were well beyond group A, competing against DTM spec M3 Sport Evolutions mainly.

Jesper