View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2010, 09:03 (Ref:2768964)   #70
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRacing_F1 View Post
Got an incredible image boost that helped it along until the gas crisis ruined it for everyone. I'd say they are doing it right this time. Lotus Cars right now, is not doing as well as it could be as a company.
As most of the developed world slides into a period of austerity where there's a lot less disposable income swilling around, the class leader in affordable sports cars is abandoning that sector to go after the uber competitive low volume bling sector.

I think that even Lotus fanatics would acknowledge that Lotus was always at its best when it concentrated on clever lightweight simplicity... and ran into trouble when it created expensive supercars to go after Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc...

I firmly believe this strategy is a massive mistake and I would be saddened if it led to the demise of the business - a distinct possibility. I hope I'm wrong.