View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2769244)   #71
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
As most of the developed world slides into a period of austerity where there's a lot less disposable income swilling around, the class leader in affordable sports cars is abandoning that sector to go after the uber competitive low volume bling sector.

I think that even Lotus fanatics would acknowledge that Lotus was always at its best when it concentrated on clever lightweight simplicity... and ran into trouble when it created expensive supercars to go after Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc...

I firmly believe this strategy is a massive mistake and I would be saddened if it led to the demise of the business - a distinct possibility. I hope I'm wrong.
It seems to be too much, too fast, especially with a lot of products aimed at what I consider a top heavy segment of the market.

I think there is plenty of room in the $40K-$100K sector to do business and on top of that get people racing. And when you get them racing, you can do a nice parts biz.

Not everyone can be Aston or Lamborghini, so I can't see the point.