View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2015, 08:17 (Ref:3559128)   #40
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We bought off the plans and the sketch. I remember Chris Watson saying that when they changed the direction, after we had signed up for a unit, he was dreading my response!

We also expected a swimming pool, gymnasium and tennis court, so hopefully, included in Tony's plans, the motel complex will be completed, making it a more attractive place to stay, particularly for wives and family who may not be so keen on the racing.

As it happens, I think that the view of cars leaping over the hill, through turn three and also dropping into the second hairpin, has given me and I suspect, many others, some of the best action photographs in their respective collections. If the track was reversed, great photo opportunities would have been lost along with much of the spectator appeal. Most views, if the track was reversed, would have been the backs of cars entering corners instead of the fronts of cars leaving them.

Last edited by socram; 17 Jul 2015 at 08:27.