Old 20 Jul 2015, 04:26 (Ref:3559643)   #41
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
As it happens, I think that the view of cars leaping over the hill, through turn three and also dropping into the second hairpin, has given me and I suspect, many others, some of the best action photographs in their respective collections. If the track was reversed, great photo opportunities would have been lost along with much of the spectator appeal. Most views, if the track was reversed, would have been the backs of cars entering corners instead of the fronts of cars leaving them.
Couldn't agree more Socram. I am not a photographer at all, but the visual aspect of those corner combo's you mention is spot on. For me, its the dive in to T1, and the exit of T3 where you really get an idea of a cars true grip. I also like the visual of cars accelerating towards the sweeper. Super fast cars look out of this world as they disappear towards SH1. Stand on the edge of pitlane looking down towards T5 (hairpin with elevation drop) and watching the cars drop under brakes, and then take a high line in is testament to a well set up machine.

It's funny isn't it. HD at this point is just 6 or 7 corners (however you look at it), but each one is so special and flows on to the next one in a common sense way that this short and snappy 'lil track is just awesome. I can only hope that the extension carries on with the same 'feel' of HD