View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2017, 18:07 (Ref:3762714)   #3
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This speaks to the question of... "What is Formula 1?"

It is both a constructors and drivers championship. The constructors are where the budget exists and their position in their championship defines how they are financially rewarded. The drivers are generally hired help. The drivers championship is important to them, but not as much as the constructors.

I don't see how teams like Mercedes, etc. are doing anything other than what the should given how the game is expected to be played? The closest thing to the OP complaint is that having strong dominance can cause a series to suffer and decline. Smart teams will do just enough to keep the series healthy without loosing their dominance.

In short, the rules of the game would need to be redefined if we expect a different outcome.

Richard