View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3762765)   #7
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think Mercedes or Ferrari are to blame, what have they done done wrong? I'd say it's quite the opposite, they are the ones that have got it right.

I'd suggest that you have to look at Renault and latterly Honda as to why they haven't been able to crack the nut and produce engines of equal reliability* and power to Mercedes and Ferrari.

* Reliability is relative in current engine regs given the limited number of engine parts allowed on cost grounds.
The cost grounds part is a bit of nonsense, you can be sure that the likes of Honda, aren't building from scratch a new everything for every other race without incurring additional costs.