View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2014, 16:07 (Ref:3435907)   #4
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorbar View Post
Lots of good things out there and I was in your situation wanting something fun, cheap and that I could drive on the road. So after looking around I bought an mazda mx5 (US Miata) for just that purpose, weekend and track car only. Over here in oz you can buy an early one for 3k BP or $5k AUD, about the same in USD. Not very quick in a straight line, but handle brilliantly out of the box. Heaps of fun on a twisty track or road. They also are incredibly reliable - they can take heaps of punishment and just keep going and going. Cheap parts and cheap to run. I have had mine for 5 years and it hasn't missed a beat - and it gets tracked regularly. I am sure you will gets lots of good advice so this is just one to consider. Cheers Steve
I have looked after an MX5, sadly all the cheap ones are badly attacked by rust (the northern climate), so that would be too much work for us .
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Hope your not going to join the hundreds of BMW owners already here.lol
How about an earlier Clio, a 172 or similar can be a lot of fun here-just stay off of the brakes a bit more than you expect.
Those are not a bad idea, have looked for those. Do you have any experience in there potential for development?