View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2010, 22:12 (Ref:2649920)   #23
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Besides, Motominded, how many tracks, outside of Europe, are you going to find that can handle a GT field of that size? You mostly just have the F1 circuits in Asia. Elsewhere, Africa doesn't have anything permanent on that scale at present, and Philip Island would be busy if you could get a reasonably full field down to Oz. For North America, it's pretty much Road America, Watkins Glen, or Sebring. For South America, Interlagos might work, and then there's Potrero de los Funes.

I'll be honest, NBU38, I don't find that the GT2 cars 'grab me" like the GT1s do; so a GT World Championship should have GT1 in my book. And I know, people have shown me comparison photos of GT1s, GT2s, and GT3s to try and convince me there is no real difference. However, unless someone is spoon-feeding it to me, which is a complete killjoy, I DO see and feel a difference between GT1 and the other classes. When I watch the races for myself, based on my own perceptions, the cars seem bigger, meaner, more purposeful, and just more attractive than the GT2s or GT3s. And several years of people trying to give me "practical" arguments against GT1s have failed to dissuade me from deciding and choosing what I have found on my own that I prefer.