Thread: WEC Race 2016 WEC Round 2: Spa
View Single Post
Old 3 May 2016, 18:44 (Ref:3638215)   #14
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
Honestly I don't expect so much from them at spa; so far they seem to be able to set competitive fastest laps, but as silverstone shown, their race pace was terrible and incostant.
That was their first race with a brand new car, so I wouldn't expect miracles unless everyone else had the same situation. But the fact they were 1.6 seconds faster than last year and had numerous laps under their absolute best from 2015 is confidence inspiring imo. They went and did a two-day test at Aragon after Silverstone- http://www.toyotahybridracing.com/sp...-gazoo-racing/, presumably with the 'low' and 'high' downforce car to get a better handle on the setup. They had great top speed at the Prologue with both packages, and was about .5-.8 seconds behind Porsche with the same package they used at Silverstone. I wonder what Audi are turning up with.