View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2017, 02:00 (Ref:3744025)   #82
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Where's the info on Indy and PIR?
For example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM7VCURsoIw

You don't think that Andretti Autosport, Coyne etc lost money at Phoenix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
Everyone involved pointed this out as a HUGE loser for the teams so I'm thinking they might actually know that these damages are really painful. No one mentioned this for either previous race so I'm thinking teams weren't really concerned about the cash at those races.
No one is doubting that the cost of repairing cars at Texas was expensive nor painful. My point is that the same thing happened at Phoenix and Indy.

The cash is the same for Phoenix as it was for Texas - so I am not sure why its an issue for Texas but not for Phoenix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
And the winner's circle money didn't help a few teams, there are a few that don't qualify for it yet. Those who get it have already calculated that money in to the annual budget so using it to say damages will be covered is completely ignoring how the series works.
I disagree that this is ignoring how the series works - this is 100% how the series works. During the mid to late 2000's, Indycar reduced the event purses and fed them into the Leaders Circle fund to guarantee money to teams and have them not rely on the variable event to event prize money.

If you aren't factoring Leaders Circle money into your crash/repair/maintenance budget is ludicrous

Last edited by D.R.T.; 18 Jun 2017 at 02:09.